Thursday, November 17, 2005
Although I think I'm gonna eat my words. I said I was never going to work for a bank and now I might end up in one. Oh lordie! My only consolation is it's not consumer/retail banking.
Well... I'm crossing my fingers. Don't wanna jinx this one.
My mom hired some people to decorate our house for the Christmas season. Yeah, I thought it was weird at first but come to think of it, nobody in the house wants to go all the trouble putting up the decors all over the house. If you've seen our crib you'd understand.
Anyway, the house is bright with Christmas lights and hollies all over the place. The dancing Santa is now back guarding our lanai. And yet, the Christmas spirit is far from making its presence felt. For me at least. Probably because I'm unemployed. Or probably because my family is celebrating Christmas alone.
If Christmas is just around the corner, that means so is New Year! Oh lordie!
Discovered this in Market Market. I'm going crazy over it. Can eat a dozen in one sitting.
I want my Chocopie! I want my Chocopie! Now! Now!
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
My parents happily exploit my state of unemployment with emotional blackmail. And I always fall for it. Stupid guilt! Now that we're left to take care of my sick Lolo, I juggle my time buying groceries for two households. What makes it harder is we buy from two grocery stores quite far from each other, Makro in Cainta and Cherry Foodarama in Antipolo. We moved our Lolo in our old house with his two nursemaids. The house is also getting renovated so part of my chores is to bring food to the other house everyday and check if supplies are needed from the hardware store. Other than household stuff I bring whatever car needs repairs to the casa.
Parents tend to overlook those after the first borns when they give out responsibilities. Like the second or the youngest children aren't capable of handling responsibilities. Or their too fragile to be burdened.
I just realized my responsibilities won't change even when I get a job.
It's bloody unfair!
Sunday, November 13, 2005
MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS who are bored with their plain old scrubs! The LUXELIFE INC. can bring fun and fashion to your daily attire. MEDCAL Scrub Suits are not only comfortable and functional, its also refreshingly unique. Create your own style... girls and guys can choose from our wide selection of fabric colors and prints. Choose also your own design: flared, cargo, wrap around, v-neck, round neck, etc!
Just give me a buzz!
MEDCAL Tops: Standard v-neck and mock wrap around in plains and prints (with two pockets)
MEDCAL Pants: Cargos and Low Waist Flared (garterized with drawstring)
MEDCAL Set: standard v-neck top and staright cut pants
MEDCAL Set: wrap around top and low waist flared pants
1. I'm currently addicted to Texas Hold 'Em Poker... usually I play online.
2. I don't like gravy on my chicken.
3. My dream job is anything as long as the price is right and not much finance and I can still wear my funky outfits.
4. I wanna do pole dancing complete with porn outfit. They say it's good exercise. Like sex.
5. Danced ballet for about nine years. Still wish I didn't stop. I do love to dance!
6. I have to be fashionable even for bed. My tops and pajamas/panties have to match. A true fashionista!
7. Every summer when I was a kid my mom would send me and my brother to some school to learn something. Done Speech Power, voice lesson with Ryan Cayabyab, art lessons, guitar lessons, piano, not to mention SEP (Summer Enrichment Program) in Ateneo! I think she just wants us to get rid of us.
8. I'm scared of ghosts and supernatural stuff.
9. First time I was truly drunk (to the point of throwing up on the side of the road and not remembering how I got home) was at a listening party when I was still working at Warner Music. We had the Craig David "What's your flava?!" launch party at the now defunked, PRAVDA. Open bar, what do you expect?!
10. I won a blue Honda City LX about eight years ago at a Bingo game in Ateneo. So, I aptly named my car BINGO.
11. I had a rhinoplasty, a.k.a nose job, almost a year ago. It's not my fault my mom wanted me to be prettier...
12. I hate tagalog movies but I cried while watching Sharon Cuneta in Madrasta.
13. My St. Scho barkada hated me when I was in gradeschool coz I was such a total mean girl. A queen bee without drones though. Fast forward to present: I'm still a brat and I choose who I bully but they learned to love me already.
14. I was in theatre during college (ENTABLADO) and I loved playing the villain!
15. I started smoking when I was almost eighteen. I even taught my bestfriend. Grabe! BI!
16. I'm a biatch and proud of it!
17. I don't like telling someone something twice.
18. I've always thought I can't have babies. And that's my greatest fear.
19. I hate it when people say it's okay if I'm jobless, my family's rich anyway. F*ck! Wish it was THAT easy!
20. Be careful when you say "NO" to me. I get quite cranky if I don't get what I want.
I'm tagging all of my friends... if you're bored or jobless like me... join the fun!
Friday, November 11, 2005
|Your Seduction Style: Sweet Talker|
Your seduction technique can be summed up with "charm"
You know that if you have the chance to talk to someone...
Well, you won't be talking for long! ;-)
You're great at telling potential lovers what they want to hear.
Partially, because you're a great reflective listener and good at complementing.
The other part of your formula? Focusing your conversation completely on the other person.
Your "sweet talking" ways have taken you far in romance - and in life.
You can finess your way through any difficult situation, with a smile on your face.
Speeding tickets, job interviews... bring it on! You truly live a *charmed life*
Sunday, November 06, 2005
It started with Full House, a Korean telenovela. I got to watch it while I was doing my thesis. My roommate had a downloaded copy of the whole series. It became our stress-reliever. We got hooked! We didn't care even if we had to read the subtitles! Now, thanks to my bestfriend who regularly buys Korean movies for her mom and her sisters, I get to watch sappy Korean love stories. Even before the Sassy Girl movie (dubbed in tagalog) came out, I saw the movie already. Other titles I've seen are My Little Bride, A Girl I Know, Windstruck, and Crazy Love. She also has some horror movies but I'm too chicken to watch those. I don't know the actors' names and some movies have terrible translations but as long as I get the gist of the story, I'm fine with it.
Other than their movies, I've also turned to their celebrities for fashion and beauty styles. I've been researching for new hairstyles from the entertainment shows on the Arirang channel on cable.
I've been to Seoul, Korea when I was younger. I didn't really fall in love with the country but I did love their food. Apparently there's more to Korea than meets the eye.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
I'm still young at heart and I'm dying of anticipation to watch the latest sequel of the Harry Potter series, The Goblet of Fire. As you can see, they've all grown up now. Hermoine is considered a "hottie" by my pedophile friends. Ron is as gangly as ever. And Harry is falling in love. The story is about the Tri-Wizard tournament to be held in Hogwarts. I already pictured in my head how everything would look while I was reading the book. But imagine seeing it in "real life"?! Movie opens on November 16, 2005.
I've only read two Dan Brown books, Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code. I don't think I need to read his other books because after these two, you kinda get his style of writing. Then again, I'm curious how everything will be in the movie. Tom Hanks will be playing Robert Langdon. Is he the best choice? Hmmm... maybe. I see Robert Langdon as a very intellectual person but then again in the book he does all sorts of stunts. Maybe Tom Hanks can pull it off. Audrey Tautou will be Sophie Nuveu. She looks too young to be paired with Tom Hanks... but we'll see. Movie opens May 19th next year.
I read Memoirs of a Geisha about five years ago. I've always had an affinity with anything Japanese. I love the food, anime, and manga. Most of all, I'm fascinated with their culture. My brother pointed out something about this movie... most of the characters are played by Chinese. Zhang Ziyi will be Mameha and Michelle Yeoh will be Sayuri Nitta. Movie is scheduled to be released on December 9, 2005.
Other movies I'm waiting for are The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Family Stone, Aeon Flux, King Kong, and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and Superman Returns.